The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
· Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
· Principle 2: Businesses should ensure they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
· Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right of collective bargaining.
· Principle 4: Businesses should support the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor.
· Principle 5: Businesses should support the effective abolition of child labor.
· Principle 6: Businesses should support the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
· Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
· Principle 8: Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
· Principle 9: Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
· Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.